As an Art Director at The Bon-Ton Stores, Inc. you’re responsible for conceptualizing, designing, coordinating and executing all facets of advertising campaigns and specific media as assigned to increase brand awareness, help grow customer base and drive traffic and sales.
On the Job You’ll:
Major Campaign Conceptualization and Preplanning
- Participate in preplanning meetings with Marketing and Merchandising to identify objectives.
- Translate creative strategy into the most effective way to get messages across in print and electronic media for assigned projects.
- Provide clear direction to team outlining expectations to ensure project goals are clearly understood and creative standards are achieved.
Art Direct (Print and Electronic) Projects from Conception to Launch
- Oversee all pre-planning, creative concepting, set direction, photo direction, production, reviews and pre-press work.
- Coordinate and directs the design of key covers, spreads, banners, emails, home pages, etc. to fully direct a major campaign.
- Prepare seasonal format guides for photography, styling, models, color palettes and typography.
- Ensure vendor requirements are adhered to ensure co-op collection.
- Ensure quality, consistency and accuracy of creative elements of advertising/marketing campaign.
- Review and approve final creative proofs for all campaigns.
- Work with Creative Services team to select talent, backgrounds, etc. to meet project objectives and timelines.
- Meet with Merchant division and Styling department to secure appropriate merchandise when needed.
- Provide on-set photo direction and provides all final selects.
- Communicate all retouching needs to premedia.
- Provide creative guidance and leadership to staff to ensure work is accurate and completed according to deadline.
We’ll Value Your:
- 3+ years of art direction experience in a creative agency or comparable in-house team
- 3+ years of photo art direction
- Effective communication skills and ability to communicate ideas visually, verbally and in writing
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while adhering to strict deadlines.
- Extensive knowledge of InDesign, PhotoShop, Illustrator and MS Office
- Working knowledge of print and electronic media
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Understanding of retail climate and landscape
When you dedicate your time, effort and skills for The Bon-Ton Stores, we want to give back to you. Whether you are a full time, hourly associate, a salaried professional, or part time associate, our benefits package will help you create a balanced, well-rounded life. These benefits, after meeting eligibility requirements, include:
- Associate Discount
- Flexible work schedule, including summer early out schedule
- Medical, Dental and Vision for full time associates, once eligible
- Volunteer opportunities
- Vacation and Sick pay for full and regular part-time associates, once eligible