As the Contact Center Trainer/Developer, you're responsible for the design, development, delivery, evaluation and maintenance of Contact (Call) Center Learning & Development solutions. You manage the processes that effectively support Associates, Leads, and Managers in gaining the knowledge and skills required to successfully master their assigned positions. You will be responsible to meet current and emerging business needs of the organization, build competencies and create an environment of continuous learning.
Training is a critical foundation for associate success! If you believe this statement and have a passion for training and believe in strong Customer Service, we absolutely want to hear from you!
We value the following knowledge and abilities:
- Develop and Maintain Learning and Development Content. Perform maintenance needed to keep training solutions and resources up-to-date including but not limited to print and online courses.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of training and success of skills and knowledge transfer through testing, surveys, etc., to help identify learning gaps and provide recommendations on improvement of tools and curriculum.
- Partner with subject matter experts to assess, design, and develop course content on a variety of subjects. This includes developing e-authored, blended instructor-led and virtual curriculum.
- Supports the training of new hires in the Contact Center as well as reinforces desired call behaviors and productivity efficiencies. Deliver the content to individual training classes based on need. Training classes can vary in size from 2 – 22+ depending on format.
- Must be comfortable in delivering both instructor-led content as well as virtual training classes. Change and adapt the curriculum for both instructor-led and virtual training sessions based on the outcome and previous performance of the agents.
- Maintains strong working knowledge of systems, policies and procedures to answer all customer and associate inquiries regarding promotions, pricing, discounts, shipping, and merchandise. Assists with communicating any changes regarding systems or customer service protocol to Contact Center team as well as support areas, to ensure consistency of practice is maintained. Must be able to coach under performers.
- Keeps commitment to supplied schedule and complies with attendance standards and be flexible during training periods. Must be willing to work evenings, weekends, and holidays when necessary.
We value the following skills:
- Superior interpersonal skills, polite, can clearly communicate both in writing and verbally
- Detail conscious.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and stay focused with multiple responsibilities and competing priorities.
- Strong PC skills including previous experience and familiarity with eLearning authoring tools including but not limited to Adobe Captivate, Adobe Presenter, Adobe Connect, PowerPoint.
- Creating software demos, simulations, screen captures.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills to effectively develop, implement, and administer training programs both on-site and virtually.
- Partner with Contact Center Leadership to determine any ongoing training requirements and/or refresher courses.
When you dedicate your time, effort and skills to The Bon-Ton Stores, we want to give back to you. Whether you are a full-time, hourly associate, a salaried professional, or part time associate, our benefits package will help you create a balanced, well-rounded life. These benefits, after meeting eligibility requirements, include:
- Associate Discount
- 401k Plan – with potential company match
- Medical, Dental and Vision options for full time associates who meet the eligibility requirements
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Vacation and Sick Pay for full and regular part- time associates who meet the eligibility requirements