As the Sr. Payroll Specialist of Garnishments, you perform all necessary activities in the Payroll Department to ensure proper interpretation, maintenance, verification, calculation, distribution and reporting of government levies, child support and garnishment orders.
On the Job You’ll:
- Set up and maintains government levies, child support and garnishment orders on the HRIS/Payroll system.
- Periodically test and review amounts as calculated on the HRIS/Payroll system.
- Manually maintain in the event the system calculation is not valid.
- Remittance of government levies, child support and garnishment orders to appropriate agencies.
- Prepare Accounts Payable upload worksheets for vendor checks to be processed.
- Respond to questions and special requests from employees and regulatory agencies.
- Provide timely, confidential and accurate answers to individual employees who have garnishment related questions.
- Analyze and interpret current and future law changes regarding individual state child support and garnishment orders.
- Assist with distribution of paychecks, direct deposit statements and W-2s by sorting, sealing and packaging for shipment.
We’ll Value Your:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word) and HRIS/Payroll systems
- Working knowledge of garnishment and child support laws
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Detail oriented with strong aptitude for numbers and exceptional problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently
When you dedicate your time, effort and skills for The Bon-Ton Stores, we want to give back to you. Whether you are a full time, hourly associate, a salaried professional, or part time associate, our benefits package will help you create a balanced, well-rounded life. These benefits, after meeting eligibility requirements, include:
- Associate Discount
- Flexible work schedule, including summer early out schedule
- Medical, Dental and Vision for full time associates, once eligible
- Volunteer opportunities
- Vacation and Sick pay for full and regular part-time associates, once eligible