As the Sr. Payroll Specialist, you’ll perform all necessary activities in the Payroll department to ensure accurate, timely reporting of federal, state and local payroll taxes. In addition, you’ll manage payroll processing as well as timely reporting of government levies, child support and garnishment orders.
On the Job You’ll:
- Process payroll for all locations in an accurate and timely manner according to departmental standards and published deadlines maintaining absolute confidentiality.
- Pull daily bank reports and works with HR Representatives when direct deposits are returned and accounts closed.
- Process manual, voids and stop payments and reissues Lost Check requests as needed.
- Calculate and enters retro pays, refunds of deductions and miscellaneous earnings (sick pay, missing pay, vacation, commission, personal hours, etc.)
- Enter and/or imports contest payments, awards, incentives, special pays, bonuses, gross ups, etc.
- Calculation and timely reporting of tax liabilities in excess of $150 million annually for all FEINS.
- Prepare, file and disperse Federal, State, Local and Local Services Tax deposits, returns and annual tax reconciliations including Form W-2s.
- Manager quarterly Multi-Site reporting.
- Set up and maintains government levies, child support and garnishment orders on the Cyborg payroll system.
- Review and enters data on the payroll systems. Runs audits on various earnings/ deductions/ tax setups as requested.
- Process employment verifications and employment audits.
- Respond to questions and special requests from employees and regulatory agencies.
- Provide timely, confidential and accurate answers to individual employees.
- Contact appropriate court authorities for problem resolutions.
- Assist with distribution of paychecks and Form W-2s by sorting, sealing and packaging for shipment.
We’ll Value Your:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word) and HRIS/Payroll systems
- Working knowledge of garnishment and child support laws
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Detail oriented with strong aptitude for numbers and exceptional problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently
When you dedicate your time, effort and skills for The Bon-Ton Stores, we want to give back to you. Whether you are a full time, hourly associate, a salaried professional, or part time associate, our benefits package will help you create a balanced, well-rounded life. These benefits, after meeting eligibility requirements, include:
- Associate Discount
- Flexible work schedule, including summer early out schedule
- Medical, Dental and Vision for full time associates, once eligible
- Volunteer opportunities
- Vacation and Sick pay for full and regular part-time associates, once eligible