As the Bon-Ton Stores, Inc. Designer of Kids Apparel, you help to create a smaller business in terms of volume but manage a much larger piece of the process. At our company, you are responsible for assisting with design, development, and approval of new products for apparel brands.
On the Job You’ll:
- Lead seasonal design direction of product and collaborate with Product and Merchant teams during product development process to visualize and interpret customer needs.
- Review market analysis for indications of trends in color, fabrics and style.
- Selects colors, fabrics and design silhouettes for the upcoming season.
- Create seasonal collections targeting price points allocated.
- Create designs for all classifications of assigned lines that will result in products that meet the trend needs of the Buyer and ultimately the customer.
- Prepare effective presentation boards with colors, fabric, and silhouettes appropriate for the brand(s) using automated systems (e.g., windows based computer), Illustration or CAD skills
- Communicate details of the design concept to the Technical Designer to ensure that the product developed at the sample stage accurately matches the concept design.
- Collaborate with vendors on technical construction techniques.
- Examine the sample garment and makes changes until the wanted effect is met.
- Supervise process of approving samples from vendors and manufacturers as well as artwork and lab dips.
- Provide leadership, management and development of direct reports.
We value your…
- 3-5 Years’ professional hands-on design experience
- Knowledge and education in product design, material components and construction
- Education of color, texture, & style within the kids design
- Experience using Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop, Kaledo is a plus!
- Comfort level with communicating and presenting to leaders
- Ability to work under pressure to meet strict production schedules
- Experience conceptualizing print ideas and working with CAD artists
When you dedicate your time, effort and skills for The Bon-Ton Stores, we want to give back to you. Whether you are a full time, hourly associate, a salaried professional, or part time associate, our benefits package will help you create a balanced, well-rounded life. These benefits, after meeting eligibility requirements, include:
- Associate Discount
- Flexible work schedule, including summer early out schedule
- Medical, Dental and Vision for full time associates, once eligible
- Volunteer opportunities
- Vacation and Sick pay for full and regular part-time associates, once eligible