As a Lead Programmer/Analyst, you will lead the development of application systems by translating business requirements into effective technology solutions. You will serve as the senior development expert for application development projects, and provide hands-on leadership and technical guidance to junior development resources.
On the Job You'll:
- Provide technical expertise in the identification, evaluation, and development of efficient and cost-effective application systems.
- Design and developing application architecture and technical specifications.
- Collaborate on multi-discipline teams to research, analyze and propose solution alternatives that address business needs.
- Solicit and documenting detailed system requirements.
- Supervise development of assigned application projects with high quality standards.
- Provide hands-on development and support for critical business applications.
- Consult with Applications Systems Manager to establish the list of project deliverables and priorities.
- Develop Programmer/Analyst staff.
- Demonstrated design, architecture and implementation experience in key integration platforms, patterns and supporting technologies
- In-depth knowledge of systems development methodologies, database systems and development techniques.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills with both business and technical groups.
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills.
- Ability to give clear direction and to take direction from others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi–task & support multiple priorities / multiple deliverables.
Highly Desired Skills and Experience include the following:
- NET Framework including Visual Studio, ASP.NET Web Forms/VB.NET and/or C#
- Advanced knowledge of relational database structures, theories, principles, and practices including SQL Server and DB2
- AJAX, HTML5 and CSS
- WCF Web Services, Web APIs
- DB2 SQL/PL Stored Procedures
- Source Code Configuration Control, Team Foundation Server
- Finance ERP Experience Preferred
When you dedicate your time, effort and skills for The Bon-Ton Stores, we want to give back to you. Whether you are a full time, hourly associate, a salaried professional, or part time associate, our benefits package will help you create a balanced, well-rounded life. These benefits, after meeting eligibility requirements, include:
- Associate Discount
- Flexible work schedule, including summer early out schedule
- Medical, Dental and Vision for full time associates, once eligible
- Volunteer opportunities
- Vacation and Sick pay for full and regular part-time associates, once eligible