Do you have a passion for fighting off sophisticated adversaries? Are you interested in learning about cyber-security? Would you thrive in a fast-paced environment where you and your highly talented teammates must quickly analyze and triage security events? If so, Bon-Ton has the job for you!
The Bon-Ton Stores, Inc. is looking for a Security Operations Center Technician to join our growing Network Services Team.
On the job you’ll…
- Learn and develop your knowledge of network security and apply your new skills to fighting cyber-crime on the front lines of a retail organization.
- Leverage your strong teamwork skills as you and your teammates engage with our Network Security Analysts, and other engineering and operations teams, to monitor and implement our cyber-security defenses and processes.
- Be exposed to real-world cyber-security events and learn the basic tenants and strategies for countering real-world cyber threats.
- Work with a strong portfolio of cyber-security tools and systems to broaden your experience in this discipline.
- Have the opportunity to advance your career in multiple technology stacks including network security, network technology, server technology, web technology and other skilled career paths.
- Develop your skills for collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data from a variety of sources, creating compelling written and verbal communications to associates, peers and managers and making quick decisions for triaging and escalating security events.
Job responsibilities and challenges you will face include…
- Using state-of-the-art tools and systems, monitor network logs, alerts and reports for actionable information and then quickly prioritize and act on that information.
- Provide second-tier troubleshooting for network security issues, and process related support desk tickets.
- Assist the Network Security Analysts with the implementation of new network security tools and processes.
- Create accurate, concise and understandable event investigation reports.
- Assist in conducting regular internal and external intrusion tests and vulnerability scans to protect Bon-Ton’s assets and meet compliance requirements.
- Keep abreast of trends in cyber-security and participate in projects to continually improve the cyber-security posture at Bon-Ton.
- Review & recommend process improvements to keep the organization “current” & protected based on business requirements and changing industry standards.
- Contribute to team development and performance to achieve team and organizational goals.
- Contribute to a positive work environment through own behavior, leadership team building and team motivation.
- Cyber-security is a 24x7, 365-day discipline, so you may be required to work first, second or third shifts.
When you dedicate your time, effort and skills for The Bon-Ton Stores, we want to give back to you. Whether you are a full time, hourly associate, a salaried professional, or part time associate, our benefits package will help you create a balanced, well-rounded life. These benefits, after meeting eligibility requirements, include:
- Associate Discount
- Flexible work schedule, including summer early out schedule
- Medical, Dental and Vision for full time associates, once eligible
- Volunteer opportunities
- Vacation and Sick pay for full and regular part-time associates, once eligible