As the Field Systems Technician, you will be responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining the operation and availability of systems; including PC’s, thin clients, printers, kiosks, price checkers, Point-Of-Sale (POS) terminals and related peripherals, plus mobile and wireless devices within Stores and Distribution Centers. You partner with Network Technologies group, to maintain network (wired and wireless) infrastructure components. Promotes and maintains network security and PCI standards to prevent unauthorized access to the Bon-Ton network.
On the Job You’ll:
- Provides services to ensure a stable and reliable systems environment for both the stores and distribution center locations.
- Configures and implements new systems technology on an ongoing basis; manages projects from start to finish
- Establishes Main & Intermediate Data Facilities (MDF/IDF) based on the physical environment and requirements
- Ensures all Electronic Industries Alliance (EIA) Standards are followed by external vendors
- Evaluates, configures and implements software solutions for evolving systems management
- Provides system analysis, design and recommendation on available technology to replace aging systems and emerging trends
- Diagnoses complex problems and then architects and/or implements solutions to ensure priority and service levels are consistently met.
- Provides LAN and Wireless infrastructure support for the Stores and Distribution Center.
- Maintains and applies network security and PCI standards thru end user education.
- Independently evaluates and prioritizes outstanding work and then schedules personal assignments accordingly
- Research, develop and document troubleshooting procedures that can be used by the Help Desk to assist end users with system related issues. Provides routine and recommended maintenance and service to supported systems and products.
- Document service and installation actions by tracking time and recording work performed.
We’ll Value Your:
- Ability to work independently; disciplined in completing tasks in the required time frame.
- Knowledge of Operating Systems, Active Directory and Group Policy fundamentals, and Remote Management tools.
- Experience troubleshooting principles, methodologies, and innovative resolution techniques is essential.
- Extensive knowledge and previous experience in supporting PCs, thin clients, Point-of-Sale and wireless technology.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Availability for overnight travel and extended project work is required (10%)
- Night and weekend’s on-call availability (5%)
When you dedicate your time, effort and skills for The Bon-Ton Stores, we want to give back to you. Whether you are a full time, hourly associate, a salaried professional, or part time associate, our benefits package will help you create a balanced, well-rounded life. These benefits, after meeting eligibility requirements, include:
- Associate Discount
- Flexible work schedule, including summer early out schedule
- Medical, Dental and Vision for full time associates, once eligible
- Volunteer opportunities
- Vacation and Sick pay for full and regular part-time associates, once eligible