As the Procurement Manager you will be responsible for overseeing all activities related to procurement from intent to purchase through delivery of materials, equipment, and supplies for The Bon-Ton Stores.
On the Job You’ll…
- Direct and coordinate activities related to procurement function to facilitate and promote communication and customer service to Stores and Corporate support divisions.
- Develop and implement all procurement strategies including buying power through strategic alliances.
- Arrange for disposal of surplus materials.
- Plan, implement, manage and monitor a detailed supply budget and reconcile month end expenses to Accounting.
- Identify and recommend increased performance opportunities to reduce expense.
- Maintain store budget controls, expense, and supply approvals.
- Implement and maintain demand planning and forecast methods for predictive purchasing of commodity based goods.
- Negotiate complex requests for equipment, supplies, and services from suppliers and subcontractors.
- Prepare and review contract bids, proposals and vendor agreements.
We’ll Value Your…
- Previous experience in a procurement role.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and with all functions of the business.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams and build relationships across multiple functions.
- Effective time management, planning and organizational skills.
- Proven financial and analytical aptitude.
- Ability to identify problems quickly, make sound judgements, establish and implement solutions.
When you dedicate your time, effort and skills for The Bon-Ton Stores, we want to give back to you. Whether you are a full time, hourly associate, a salaried professional, or part time associate, our benefits package will help you create a balanced, well-rounded life. These benefits, after meeting eligibility requirements, include:
- Associate Discount
- Flexible work schedule, including summer early out schedule
- Medical, Dental and Vision for full time associates, once eligible
- Volunteer opportunities
- Vacation and Sick pay for full and regular part-time associates, once eligible